Rodman Public Library (RPL) recognizes the importance of privacy to users of our websites. RPL collects personal information from our website visitors only when information is required to conduct business and is provided by the user voluntarily.
The RPL websites include but are not limited to:
- Library website – www.rodmanlibrary.com
- Library catalog – roc.rodmanlibrary.com
- Alliance Index – www.allianceindex.com
- Alliance Memory – www.alliancememory.org
Personal Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily. For example:
- When you create an online account, we will collect your name, the username and password that you choose, your email address, and any other information you choose to affiliate with your online account. This information is considered confidential and is never released for public viewing. It is used solely for purposes of contacting you for delivery of services and validating your identity when accessing RPL’s online resources.
Usage of Cookies
Cookies are used at this site for the sole purpose of providing a connection during an online session for online searches of the library’s catalog and databases.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
While the information contained within RPL’s website is routinely updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in the website is correct, complete, or up-to-date.
Through RPL’s websites, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of RPL. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
All users of the website agree to hold Rodman Public Library harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, obligations, or liabilities, directly or indirectly relating to the website and/or the networked information available via the website, caused thereby or arising therefrom. In no event shall Rodman Public Library have any liability to any third party, even if Rodman Public Library is advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you have further questions about Rodman Public Library’s website privacy policies, contact:
Eric Taggart, Director – 330-821-2665, ext. 201
Approved Board of Trustees: August 16, 2017