*Unquestionably, the Traveling Branch was important in making library materials accessible to those living at a distance from the Library. During a brief ceremony at the Public Square on May 27, 1949, the title and keys to a new bookmobile were presented to Mr. G. E. Graf, President of the Library Board.
The cost of the vehicle was approximately $6,739. Whereas the two-ton chassis was purchased from Sarchione and Sons; "the body and interior construction" was done by the Gerstenlager Company. There was shelving space for about 2,000 volumes on the bookmobile.
*Excerpted from Public Library Service in Alliance, Ohio: 1885 to 1956 by Leah V. Agnoni.