While you are searching the library's catalog, you may find things that you want to save for future use or send to a friend via e-mail.
Some uses of saved catalog items include:
- Favorite titles printed in one short list to bring to the library
- Easy creation of a bibliography for schoolwork or a presentation
- Reading lists to share with friends
- Teachers creating Classroom Collection information for the Children's Department
Follow these easy steps to export saved catalog records.
To save catalog information:
- Search the catalog for the items you want. Depending on your view, you may have boxes to check for multiple titles or a button to add a single title to your list. Click the Add Marked to Bag button for those you want to save. If you want to save all the records on the screen, click the Add All on Page button.
- Continue searching and marking records as noted above. When you are finished selecting records, you are ready to export them to a file or send them via e-mail. Click on the button marked to continue.
To export catalog information:
- Select the check boxes of the titles you want to export or click the Save All button.
- Click the Export Saved button to export the titles. You can also Request Saved or Add to My Lists from this screen.
- Choose whether you want to save the list to your computer (Local Disk), view it on the screen where you can print your list, or send it via e-mail. If you want to save the file to your computer, you will be asked where you want to save it. If e-mail is selected, type the complete e-mail address of the person you want to receive the list. You can also change the Subject of the message to something more meaningful.
- Select the format of the records to send.
- Full Display is longer and includes everything in the record
- Brief Display includes Author, Title, and Publisher
- MARC records are full records with numeric coding used by catalogers.
You will probably choose Brief Display most often.
- Click on the Submit button to send the list as a message or save the list to your computer disk.
- Your list will be saved to your computer or sent via e-mail for easy use.