The Library is often asked if we can tell someone if they have already checked out a book. Our answer has always been, "No." The Library's computer system as a rule never keeps this information once an item has been returned.
However, the library is now offering this optional feature. You must "opt-in" to the Reading History option to take advantage of this service.
Here's how it works:
- Login to your account by clicking the "My Account/Renew" button located near the top of any screen.
- Click the "My Reading History" button.
- Click the "Subscribe" button to begin collecting your reading history the next time you check out an item from the library. Any items you checkout from this point on will be available to you whenever you click the "My Reading History" button.
- You can remove any or all titles at any time by checking the boxes next to the title and clicking one of the "Delete" buttons. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button. When you unsubscribe, your entire reading history will be erased.
- The Library staff will not access your reading history at any time unless required by law*.
By subscribing to My Reading History, I acknowledge that Rodman Public Library's online library system will retain my checkout activity for my personal use. I may unsubscribe from this service or remove any or all titles from my reading history at any time. Rodman Public Library staff will not access my reading history unless ordered to do so by an officer of the court.