Rodman Public Library cardholders may reserve items that are not available or are available at another location. You will be notified by telephone or email when the item is available for pick up.
If you are using the Library's catalog at home and see that the item you want is on the shelf, you may place a reserve or call the Library and ask that it be pulled off the shelf and held for you. Items will be held for 5 days at the circulation desk of your choice.
To place a reserve:
- Search the catalog for the item you want
- Click on the button marked
- Type your name and barcode number in the boxes. Your barcode number is located on the back of your library card. Your number will appear as ************** when you type it in the box for privacy reasons. Type carefully.
- Select the library location where you want to pick up this item.
- Type any special instructions in the large box at the bottom of the screen. Special instructions may include the date of a magazine issue, year of a travel book, best phone number to call, etc.
- If you need the item before a specific date, enter the date here. If you do not enter a date, the system automatically assigns one six months from the date you placed the reserve.
- Click on the "Submit" button to place your reserve.
- The Library will notify you when your item is available for you to pick up.
- Reserves are placed in the hold queue in the order they are received.
- Holds automatically expire after 6 months. If you don't want the item until after a date that is 6 months out, we suggest you use My Lists instead.