How to use the catalog
- Select this option to see what you have checked out, when the items are due and to renew them, how much money you owe, reserve titles, and cancel reserved items. When you log into your account, you can save your favorite searches and have the library notify you by email when a new title matching your search is cataloged. In the near future, you will be able to select how you want the library to notify you when your reserves are available as well as keep your reading history if you so desire.
- Looking for something good to read? This option will offer you staff reviews of books and videos on many topics for adults and children.
- You may also want to check the link for Newly Cataloged Titles
Ask a Question
- If you have a question that you would like to have the reference department answer, select this button. They will respond with an answer via email, regular mail, or telephone depending on your preference.
- This option offers general information about Rodman Public Library, its services, and its collections.
- Select this option to learn how to search by author, title, subject, keyword, or call number.
- You may also select one of the highlighted indexes to get search tips.
How to search
- Select the type of search you want to do by clicking the radio button next to your index choice.
- Enter your search in the box and then press the Enter key or click the Submit Button.
- You can search the catalog from any page by using this search box. Select the type of search you want to do from the pull-down list, enter your search in the box and press <Enter> or click the <Submit Button>. If you only want to find items you can check out, check the box labelled Limit search to available items.
Search Relevance Stars and Book Jackets
- When you search the catalog, you will note one to five stars in the results display. The more stars, the more relevant the title to search. Book jacket images (when available) are displayed to help you identify the title.
- When you find something that you would like to check out, click this button to reserve the item. You will be asked for your name, library card barcode number and where you would like to pick up your item. The Library will call you when it is ready for you to pick up.
- Now you can find out whether or not a copy is available for you to use from the browse screen.
- Select one or several titles during your search session by putting them in your Book Cart. This feature works the same way as online shopping carts that you find on your favorite online shopping sites. To view what you have selected, click the View Book Cart button. You can reserve the titles in your cart, email the list to yourself, or save the records to a file for later use in bibliographies.
- Clicking this button will offer you book jackets, first chapters, plot synopses, book reviews, and other information. If you want to further your search, you can search Google or Amazon by clicking these buttons.
Type of Material
- The icons in this column show what type of material is in the listing. Other types include Music CDs, DVDs, and Toys.