Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) is provided free of charge by Rodman Public Library at the Main Library for patrons who have the required hardware and software needed for this service. Use of this service is governed by Rodman Public Library’s Internet Use Policy .
Use of Rodman Public Library’s Wi-Fi service is your agreement with the terms and conditions of this policy:
- Wi-Fi access is provided as a free public service on an "as is" basis with no guarantee of service.
- Users are responsible for setting up their equipment to access Rodman Public Library’s Wi-Fi network. Library staff can provide general information or handouts to help you connect to the Wi-Fi network. Library staff will not provide technical assistance and will not assume any responsibility for personal hardware configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the library’s Wi-Fi network. It is recommended that users make a backup copy of any settings changed before configuring their equipment for use on the library’s Wi-Fi network.
- All Wi-Fi users should have up-to-date antivirus software installed on their computers.
- As with most public Wi-Fi networks, Rodman Public Library’s wireless network is not secure. Any information transmitted (including credit card numbers, passwords, and other sensitive information) could potentially be intercepted by another computer user.
- The library’s Wi-Fi network is subject to periodic maintenance and unforeseen downtime.
- The library filters all Internet access. This filter blocks those sites that violate the Federal Children’s Internet Protection Act and/or Rodman Public Library’s Internet Use Policy.
- The library assumes no responsibility for damage to or loss of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.
- Printing access is not available via the Wi-Fi network. If the user desires to print, the file can be saved to a flash/thumb drive or emailed to themselves and printed from a public computer in the Reference Department for a nominal fee per page.
- Any attempt to circumvent library procedures or any unauthorized attempt to access or manipulate library equipment, will result in permanent disconnection from the library’s Wi-Fi network.
If you do not agree to the above terms, please disable your wireless connection or turn off your computer.
Approved Library Board of Trustees 12/2007