Saving your favorite searches
If you have a favorite author or subject for which you always search when using the catalog, you can save the search with the click of a button. This will prevent you from having to key in the search each time and let you quickly place reserves on new materials.
Here's how to do it:
- Start by clicking the My Account/Renew button from any library web site or catalog screen. Enter your last name and library card barcode number to login.
- Click the button marked "Search Catalog"
- Search for your favorite author, subject, title, etc.
- When your results are displayed, click the button marked "Save this search"
- The next time that you view your record, click the "Favorite Searches" button to see a list of your saved searches. Click on any of them in the list to quickly execute your search.
- If you wish to go a step further, the library can send you an email notice when something new is added to the collection matching your favorite search. Be sure your email address is in your record and is accurate.
For suggested subject headings to use for videos, large print books, books on CD and other popular formats, check out: Looking for Videos, Large Print, or Children's Materials?