Laptop loan policy
- Laptop computers owned by Rodman Public Library are available to registered library patrons in good standing who are 18 years of age or older.
- A valid library card without restrictions is required.
- Patron must leave with library staff a valid driver's license or photo ID that matches the patron's library card during the time the laptop is being used.
- Laptop computers will only be issued when all desktop computers are in use and must be used within the library.
- Daily limit for all computers is 1 hour.
- Laptops are due 30 minutes before closing, regardless of when they are checked out.
- Printing is not available from laptop computers. If you wish to print, save your files to a flash drive and print it from a desktop computer.
- All user data is deleted when the laptop is restarted.
- Users of laptop computers must abide by Rodman Public Library's Wireless Access Policy and Internet Use Policy.
- Misuse of Rodman Public Library's laptops will result in revocation of laptop privileges.
- Laptops not returned to Rodman Public Library's circulation point will be marked lost and the patron who checked out the laptop will be charged for a full replacement cost of $1,100.
- The borrower agrees to assume any and all liability for the cost of repair or replacement in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence or misuse.
- Rodman Public Library staff reserve the right to suspend laptop borrowing privileges for any reason.