As part of the Downtown Special Events Commission, Rodman Public Library will host a “How Do I…? all day event on Saturday, Mar. 11, from 12 to 5 p.m. A variety of demonstrations and some Make & Take sessions will be offered in the Main Auditorium and Children’s Program Room in 45-minute and one hour intervals. All sessions are family-friendly, for adults and children ages eight and up. No registration is needed. For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.
The following schedule lists the times, demonstrations, and area of the Library:
Rodman Main Auditorium
12 to 1 p.m.
- How do I learn a new coloring technique?
Vicki Boatright, artist
(Artist will show illustrations from her coloring books)
1:15 to 1:45 p.m.
- How do I learn a new painting technique?
(Attendees will receive a free glass fusion necklace)
2 to 2:45 p.m.
- How do I learn a new recipe?
Frank Minear, owner of Frank’s Family restaurant
(Demonstration on how to create a food item)
3 to 4 p.m.
- CANCELED How do I crochet a rose?
Jane Graham, KnitWits group member that meets at the Library
(Yarn will be provided if attendees want to bring their own needle and try)
4 to 5 p.m.
- How do I repurpose plastic plant containers?
Micah LaChelle, artist
Children’s Programming Room
12 to 12:45 p.m.
- How do I learn about dog safety?
Nanette Blaser, Sunshine Therapy Dogs
1 to 1:45 p.m.
- How do I create string art?
Brittany Steed, artist
2 to 2:45 p.m.
- How do I decorate cupcakes?
Local 4-H group
(Attendees may try decorating their own cupcake)
3 to 3:45 p.m.
- How do I make a building with Legos?
4 to 4:45
- How do I felt with fiber?
Kim Anderson, artist